Accurate billing and coding are essential for ensuring that healthcare providers receive appropriate reimbursement for their services while avoiding any potential legal or financial issues. Inaccurate coding or billing can result in denied claims, delayed payments, and even legal penalties.
OB/GYN billing and coding services require specialized knowledge and expertise in medical terminology, healthcare regulations, and insurance reimbursement procedures. Healthcare providers can outsource these services to a third-party provider or hire in-house staff with the necessary expertise.
- Multiple services
- Insurance requirements
- Coding accuracy
- Coordination of benefits
- Medicare and Medicaid
- Compliance with regulations
Overall, OB/GYN billing is complex due to the variety of services offered, insurance requirements, coding accuracy, coordination of benefits, Medicare and Medicaid regulations, and compliance with regulations. Healthcare providers must have specialized knowledge and expertise to navigate these complexities and ensure accurate reimbursement.
Svast Expertise in OB/GYN Billing & Coding
At SVAST, we specialize in OB/GYN medical billing and service clients across 35 states. Our team of OB/GYN billers & coders employ their experience and knowledge acquired through a decade of working with obstetricians & gynecologists, improving your revenue & accelerating growth. Our coders are proficient in ICD-9/10, CPT, HCPCS coding guidelines provided by CMS and AMA, and are certified by the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC). Our expertise in OB/GYN billing & coding covers specialties including:
- Maternal-Fetal Medicine
- Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility
- Gynecological Uro-gynecology and Pelvic Reconstructive Surgery
- Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery
- Family Planning
- Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology
- Menopausal and Geriatric Gynecology
Benefits of our OB/GYN Billing and Coding Services
We bring finesse and accuracy to OB/GYN billing and coding while building a optimized reimbursement process for your practice. With patient demographics entry, insurance verification, insurance authorizations, coding, billing, and reconciling of accounts, our medical billing process can add value to your organization. We ensure consistent accounts receivable follow-up and prior authorization to avoid claim denials.
Our denial management team’s priority is shifting your focus from denial management to denial prevention. Our team strives to introduce a friction-free billing, coding, claim submission, and payment posting process. We bring you a group of specialists who are:
- Familiar with medical billing software such as eClinical Works, Allscripts, Athena, AdvancedMD, Medent, NextGen, Nextech and many more
- Being able to apply standard CPT, HCPCS procedure and supply codes, and ICD-CM diagnosis coding as per CMS guidelines
- We maintain a successful track-record of processing medical bills with thousands of commercial carriers acorss most states in the US.
- We provide uncompromised ability to negotiate successfully with Medicare and state-specific Medicaid policies.
Our clients typically see an improvement in revenue by 20% and a reduction in AR up to 15%. We achieve this by applying our expertise, process, latest technology and by employing an excellently trained team.